Move over cocoa bombs, during the Holiday and winter season peppermint candy canes stirrers and lollipops are the perfect sidekick for hot chocolate. Easy no-bake holiday edible gift or Christmas party favor to give to friends and family. Add this to a hot chocolate bar, hot chocolate charcuterie board, or when serving crockpot hot chocolate.
CHECK OUT THESE EASY HOLIDAY RECIPES
Hot Cocoa Stirrers and Lollipops
Peppermint stirrers are so easy to make, the hardest part is unwrapping the individual candy canes without breaking them. Even if you do, crush them as one of the toppings.
What are candy cane dippers?
Traditional candy canes with marshmallows are dipped in chocolate and delicious toppings. Dipped and stirred into hot chocolate they almost can completely melt into the hot drink.
Tasty stirrer toppings include mini chocolate and white chocolate chips, toffee chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, mini m&m’s, peanut butter cups, instant espresso, instant coffee, peppermint, and dehydrated mini marshmallows. So many options.
To make mini candy cane lollipops, use a peppermint stick, one marshmallow, and your choice of toppings. They are a cute mini version and look so good on a hot chocolate charcuterie board or bar.
Serving and Special Events
During the winter and holidays, hot chocolate will warm you right up. If you are making a DIY hot chocolate bar, hot chocolate charcuterie board, or making slow cooker hot chocolate, serve this alongside.
Gift and Party Favor
Hot chocolate stirrers or dippers are a delicious no-bake edible holiday gift or Christmas party favor. After you’ve made them, wrap them in clear cellophane and tie them with a colorful bow. This is an easy recipe to make with kids.
Step by Step Photos
- Unwrapped the candy canes. Buy extra candy canes or thick candy canes, because the hardest part of this easy recipe is removing the plastic wrapping from the candy canes. They break very easily.
- Grab the marshmallow and toppings. I have mini chocolate chips and toffee pieces.
3. Add 2 large marshmallows to the candy cane.
4. Melt your chocolate chips medium/low temp in 5-10 second intervals, stirring in between. Try not to over microwave, it can burn or seize up the chocolate. Dip or top the marshmallow with the melted chocolate.
5. Add your favorite topping. Here I topped it with mini chocolate chips. Place on parchment-lined tray.
6. Wait for the melted chocolate to set. Place in fridge or freezer for it to set faster.
7. Dip them right into hot chocolate and enjoy.
Candy Cane Stirrers (Lollipops)
- Microwavable Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- Plate or Sheet Pan
- Cellophane Bags with Ribbon
- 8 Marshmallows, Regular Size (not mini's)
- 4 Candy Canes, Unwrapped (or Peppermint Sticks)
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips, Melted
- Extra Toppings (See Notes)
- Place one or two marshmallows each on the bottom of the candy canes or peppermint sticks.
- Cover marshmallows with melted chocolate and top with toppings of your choice.
- Place on parchment-lined plate or tray, refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- Optional - Place in cellophane and tie with a ribbon.