Celebrate fall, harvest festival, or Halloween with this individual candy corn mug cake recipe. Yummy white cake with a candy corn glaze, less than 1 minute in the microwave. The perfect way to use up leftover candy corn.
Check Out These Easy Fall and Holiday Recipes
BEST SWEET POTATO CRUMBLE CASSEROLE WITH MARSHMALLOWS
SKILLET GLAZED CARROTS WITH HERBS
SAUSAGE STUFFING MUFFINS WITH JIFFY CORNBREAD MIX
EASY SKILLET GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
How to Microwave Candy Corn
In this recipe, we are melting the candy corn pieces to make a candy corn glaze. For every 4-5 pieces of candy corn add 1 tablespoon of water to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 10-15 seconds intervals until fully melted. Use heat resistant gloves when removing the bowl, it will be very hot.
Candy Corn - I used five pieces, but you can reduce the candy corn pieces to control the sweetness.
Self-Rising Flour - If you do not have self-rising flour, you can make your own. Quick recipe is 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt, whisked together.
Milk - I used whole milk. Any fat content will do, even powdered milk or use a non-dairy alternative.
Sugar - I put one teaspoon in this recipe. To control the sweetness you can reduce or omit the sugar.
Oil - I used vegetable oil, or you can also use melted butter (Yum).
Whipped Cream & Extra Candy Corn Pieces - Easy topping and garnish.
Step by Step Photos
- Microwave water and candy corn pieces to make the glaze.
- Add oil, milk, flour, and sugar to a mug.
3. Mix ingredients to combine. Try not to overmix.
4. Add candy corn glaze and swirl with a toothpick or fork.
5. Microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Try not over microwave the batter. Will have carry over cooking when cooling. Use a toothpick to check, it will come out clean.
6. After cooled top with whipped cream and extra candy corn. Yum.
Mug Cake Tips & Suggestions
When mixing the mug cake try not to overmix the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until combined to prevent a dense cake texture.
Microwave wattage and times can vary, keep an eye on it when cooking your mug cake. An over microwaved mug cake will have a tough and rubbery texture.
Candy Corn Cake (In a Mug)
- Microwavable Mug
- Small Microwavable Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Mini Whisk or Spoon
Candy Corn Glaze
- 5 pieces Candy Corn
- 1 tablespoon Water
Mug Cake Batter
- 5 tablespoon Self-Rising Flour
- ½-1 teaspoon Sugar (optional)
- 4 tablespoon Milk
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
Candy Corn Glaze
- In small microwavable bowl, add water and candy corn.
- Melt in microwave in 10-15 seconds intervals until fully melted. Use hand protection when removing from microwave, it will be hot.
Mug Cake Batter
- In microwavable mug, add oil, milk, and sugar. Mix well.
- Add self-rising flour and mix until just combined.
- With toothpick swirl candy corn glaze into mug cake batter. Optional, save a touch of the candy corn glaze as a topping.
- Microwave for 45 seconds - 1 minute. Test doneness with a toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Top with whip cream, ice cream, extra candy corn, and or the reserved candy corn glaze, Yum.
Leave a Reply