This quick and easy 2 ingredients dessert wonton filled with sugar cookie dough and chocolate chip cookie dough fried to crispy perfection, will be a hit at your next get together or a sweet treat the kids and family will love.
Easily prepped up to two days ahead, refrigerated, fried, and served with your favorite toppings. They are also a great way to use up leftover wonton or dumpling wrappers.
Wonton Wrapper Recipes
Fried Wonton Pigs In a Blanket
Crispy Wonton Mozzarella Pizza Sticks
Tasty Jalapeno Popper Wontons
How to make dessert wontons?
Use safe to eat raw cookie dough, there are many store bought options. The one I used for this recipe has 24 pre-portioned pieces per package, about one tablespoon. I cut each portion in half when I filled each wonton or dumpling wrapper.
If you want to use your own homemade raw cookie dough, make sure that you fry the wontons till the filling is fully cooked. I like for my filling to be warm gooey and melty inside. Basically undercooked so safe to eat raw cookie dough is the perfect choice.
How to serve dessert wontons?
After it’s fried serve almost immediately with warm or cool topping like a sauce or put it on the side for dipping. I also like to sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Toppings - Ice cream, whipped cream, cookie crunch crumbles, nuts, candy bits, or fresh fruit.
Dipping Sauces - Chocolate, strawberry or other fruit, peanut butter, Nutella, condensed milk, caramel or dulce de leche.
Step by Step Instructions
We are making two cookie flavors sugar and chocolate chip.
- Cut pre-portioned safe to eat raw cookie dough into two equal pieces. About a teaspoon portion.
2. Place a touch of water on all four edges of the wonton wrapper.
3. Place a small piece of cookie dough into the middle top of the wonton wrapper.
4. Fold the sides to form a triangle, bottom right to top left. Try not to overfill the wrapper.
5. Seal the edge with a fork, just to make sure it’s sealed well.
6. Ready to fry the chocolate chip cookie dough wonton.
7. Ready to fry the sugar cookie dough wonton.
8. When frying the wontons the temperature should be approximately 350 - 375 degrees Fahrenheit. They cook really quickly about 1 minute if using safe to eat raw cookie dough. Try not to overcook if you want a gooey melty inside.
9. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately and top with flavors of your choice or with a dipping sauce on the side.
Amazing 2 Ingredients Dessert Topping Recipes
4 Dessert Toppings with Condensed Milk
Strawberry Shortcake Crunch Crumble Topping
Toasted Almond Crunch Crumble Topping
Banana Pudding Crunch Crumble Topping
Chocolate Eclair Crunch Crumble Topping
Nutter Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Crumble Topping
Milk Bar Birthday Cake Funfetti Crunch Topping
Easy Fried Wonton Cookie Dough Dessert
- Fry Pan
- Metal Slotted Spoon
- Small Bowl
- Storage Container
- Paper Towels
- Cutting Board
- 12 Wonton Wrappers
- 6 pieces Cookie Dough, safe to eat raw (recommended) (Pre-portioned dough cut in half)
- Oil for Frying
- Water for Wrapping
- Dessert Sauces
- Toppings of Choice
- Cut pre-portioned safe to eat raw cookie dough into two equal pieces.
- Grab a wonton wrapper and place a touch of water along all four corners of the wrapper (See blog post and video for a visual how-to).
- Place a piece of your cookie dough in the middle on a wonton wrapper, fold up and seal tightly (See blog post and video for a visual how-to). Can also use a fork to put pressure along the edging.
- Fry in oil a few at a time on medium heat until golden brown.
- Place on paper towels and serve warm with your favorite toppings or dipping sauce. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply