The best skillet glazed carrots with herbs and brown sugar, only 4 ingredients made in 15 minutes. Easy one pan skillet side dish recipe, that will free up oven space.
Check Out These Easy Holiday Recipes
BEST SWEET POTATO CRUMBLE CASSEROLE WITH MARSHMALLOWS
SAUSAGE STUFFING MUFFINS WITH JIFFY CORNBREAD MIX
EASY SKILLET GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
What are Glazed Carrots?
Cooked carrot side dish with a buttery sweet glaze, make it a bit savory with aromatics. Serve for a weeknight dinner, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any Holiday.
Glazed carrots made on the stove allow you to control the texture of your carrots, and cook it the way you like them.
Budget Side Dish
Stovetop glazed carrots are an inexpensive budget side dish that can easily feed a crowd. Locally I can find a 5lb bag of organic carrots for about $3.50 USD. If I add the cost of my other ingredients it would be less than $7.00 or .35 cents USD per serving, about 20 servings. If you can get the items on sale, it can be even less. An amazing deal and a fresh vegetable to add to your dinner plate.
Make Ahead & Leftovers
The carrots can be prepped by peeling and cutting them up to 3 days in advance. Store in the refrigerator covered in water. On the day of, it’s just adding your butter, brown sugar, and herbs.
You can make this whole dish the day before serving and warm it up on the stovetop, microwave, or oven. It will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Freezing is not recommended, the texture changes after it’s been cooked and defrosted.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Carrots - I used fresh whole peel carrots cut into sticks. But you can use baby carrots or cut them into rounds or slight ovals.
Water - Used to steam the carrots
Butter - Salted or Unsalted. Can be substituted with oil, like olive or avocado oil if you prefer.
Brown Sugar - I used dark brown sugar, for the color and flavor. Any sweetener can be substituted, honey, maple syrup, or sugar-free options.
Herbs - I used fresh thyme. Any herb can be substituted like parsley, sage, rosemary, or can be left out altogether.
How to make skillet glazed carrots with herbs?
- Grab the ingredients, prepped carrots, water, butter, brown sugar, and herbs.
2. Add water and carrots to skillet on low heat.
3. Cover skillet with lid and stem for 5-8 minutes until cooked ¾ way of your desired texture.
4. Raise heat to about medium. Add the butter and mix. You'll notice a brown color under the carrots, sweet flavor of the carrots after the water has evaported.
5. Add brown sugar and mix.
6. Add herb and toss. Remove from heat and enjoy.
Skillet Glazed Carrots with Herbs
- Vegetable Peeler
- Cutting Board
- Slotted Spoon
- Serving Dish
- 1 lb Carrots Peeled and Sliced
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 2 teaspoon Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Herbs Parsley, Thyme, Oregano etc
- 2-3 tablespoon Water
- Skillet on low heat add water and carrots. Cook covered 5-8 minutes until ¾ way of your desired texture.
- Remove lid and raise heat to medium. Add butter and sugar, saute for a couple minutes. Until melted and nicely glazed, toss in herbs.
- Remove carrots from skillet to serving dish. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply