Sweet potato bites with spiced cream cheese marshmallow fluff, are a delicious appetizer or dessert. Easy make ahead recipe, topped with crunchy pecans or graham crackers like mini sweet potato casserole bites.
Check Out These Easy Holiday Recipes
BEST SWEET POTATO CRUMBLE CASSEROLE WITH MARSHMALLOWS
SKILLET GLAZED CARROTS WITH HERBS
SAUSAGE STUFFING MUFFINS WITH JIFFY CORNBREAD MIX
EASY SKILLET GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
Make Ahead Sweet Potato Appetizer
These easy sweet potato bites appetizer will be a hit at your next Party, Thanksgiving, or Holiday celebration. Can be made ahead two days in advanced.
Prep - Oven bake the sweet potato rounds, cool them, and put in a storage container. Mix the spiced cream cheese marshmallow filling and put into pastic storage bag. Store both in the refrigerator.
Assembly Day - Place sweet potato on a platter, top with filling and crunchy pecans or graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy.
Sweet Potato - Yellow, White or Yams.
Cream Cheese - Softened for easy mixing.
Marshmallow Fluff - Adds so much flavor and sweetness.
Butter - Salted adds extra flavor.
Mixed Spice Blend - Warm spices that add a bit of holiday flair. You can substitute with pumpkin spice, apple pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, or no spice if you prefer.
Pecans or Graham Cracker Crumbs - Add a wonderful crunch.
Step by Step Photos
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel the sweet potato and cut into rounds. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
2. Add a pat of butter on each round. Place in oven to bake.
3. In small bowl add softened cream cheese and marshmallow fluff.
4. Add mixed spice blend and mix well. Place in a plastic zip bag or pastry bag. Keep refrigerated.
5. Top each cooled sweet potato round with the creamy filling.
6. Top with crunch pecans and/or crushed graham cracker crumbs.
Sweet Potato Bites with Marshmallow Topping
- Sheet Pan
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Vegetable Peeler
- Parchment Paper
- 4 Sweet Potato (Peeled and Sliced ½ inch rounds)
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Spice Blend or Pumpkin Spice
- 4 tablespoon Butter (sliced)
- Whole pecan halves or graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On sheet pan, line with parchment paper. Place sliced sweet potatoes and butter slice on top of it.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until cooked. Remove from oven and cool.
- In mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to top cooked and cooled sweet potatoes.
- To assemble place a dollop of cream cheese fluff on sweet potato and top with pecans and/or graham cracker crumbs.
Leave a Reply