Dump cake recipes are one of the easiest desserts to make. This pineapple dump cake is extra special with little chunks of fresh pineapple tidbits, pineapple cake mix, and butter. Fewer ingredients with a big tropical flavor.
To make a dump cake you are just “dumping” or “layering” ingredients onto each other to make a quick dessert, similar to a cobbler.
Fresh Pineapple Recipes
Pineapple Topping For Cheesecake
Easy Pineapple BBQ Sauce Recipe
Ingredients and Substitutions
Using fresh pineapple, especially when they are in season, really brings out the pineapple flavor in this dessert. You can substitute frozen or canned pineapple in a pinch.
For canned pineapples (tidbits or crushed) use a 40oz can or (2) 20oz cans.
Want to know more about fresh pineapples? Picking, cutting, and how long they last in the fridge.
Dry Cake Mix
My boxed cake mix of choice in this recipe hands down is pineapple flavored, it’s just so good. If you have a favorite yellow or white cake mix brand, will work great as a substitute.
For the best baked desserts real butter is key, the flavor is classic. A butter substitute can be used or a neutral oil.
Add Toppings and Extra Flavor
If you want extra flavor before baking, top it with brown sugar, toasted coconut, maraschino cherries, or nuts for extra crunch.
Serving Pineapple Dump Cake
After your pineapple dump cake has baked, golden and bubbly, it’s best served warm right out of the baking pan. Grab a large spoon and scoop it out onto a small plate or bowl.
Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, caramel sauce, or spices like nutmeg or cinnamon.
If you want to make this for a party or summer bbq it would be amazing even at room temperature.
How To Store Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap. Leftover dump cake can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
It can be easily reheated in the microwave or oven.
Step by Step Photos and Directions
- You'll need the pineapple boxed cake mix, fresh pineapples (cut to your preference), and two sticks of butter.
2. Melt two sticks of butter on stovetop or microwave.
3. Grab the baking dish of choice (8x8, 9x13, or 11x13). Small pans will yield a thicker dump cake.
4. Add the fresh cut pineapples (cut to your preference). I like tidbits or you can blend them smoother.
5. Top with the boxed pineapple cake mix over the pineapples. As even as possible.
6. Pour the melted butter onto the cake mix.
7. You'll notice some dry spots. It can be baked just like this.
8. I prefer to use a fork to mix in those dry cake mix areas. This step is optional.
9. Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven.
10. Baked covered for about 40 minutes. Then uncovered or an additional 15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
11. Top with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or topping of your choice. Enjoy.
Easy Pineapple Dump Cake
- 1 Baking Pan 8x8, 9x13, or 11x13
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- 4 cups Fresh Pineapple Chopped to your preference
- 1 15.25 oz Pineapple Cake Mix or White, Yellow, or Spiced
- 1 cup Melted Butter or 2 Sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dump fresh pineapple into the baking pan.
- Top evenly with the pineapple cake mix.
- Pour melted butter over cake mix. Optional - You can use a fork to mix the butter into the cake mix for even coverage.
- Cover with foil and place into oven.
- Baked covered for about 40 minutes. Then uncovered or an additional 15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Top with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or topping of your choice. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply