Dessert crumble crunch topping is inspired by the nostalgic Good Humor toasted almond ice cream bars, I loved growing up. This no bake recipe uses toasted almonds and Golden Oreos. Perfect topping for summer and fall recipes, over ice cream cake or pies.
- What is toasted almond crunch topping?
- More No Bake Dessert Crunch Crumbles Recipes
- Toasted Almond Crunch Desserts
- What are the ingredients in no bake toasted almond crunch?
- How to toast sliced almonds?
- How to Make Toasted Almond Crunch Topping
- How to store toasted almond crunch topping?
- How long does toasted almond crumble topping last?
- FAQ & Tips
- Toasted Almond Crunch Crumble Topping - No Bake Recipe
- Prefer to Watch? Check out the How To Video
What is toasted almond crunch topping?
A sweet mixture of crumbled toasted almonds and vanilla creme filled cookie crumbs. You’ll see specks of flavorful toasted almonds and vanilla creme crumbs in this amazing dessert crunch.
More No Bake Dessert Crunch Crumbles Recipes
Strawberry Shortcake Crunch Crumble No Bake Topping
Banana Pudding Crunch Crumble No Bake Topping
Chocolate Eclair Crunch Crumble No Bake Topping
Nutter Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Crumble No Bake Topping
S’more Crunch Crumble No Bake Topping
Milk Bar Birthday Cake Funfetti Crunch Topping - No Bake Recipe
Toasted Almond Crunch Desserts
This cookie crumble is perfect for your summer and fall desserts, over cakes, pies, bars, ice cream, doughnuts, muffins, yogurt, or even oatmeal.
What are the ingredients in no bake toasted almond crunch?
This shelf stable recipe uses just two ingredients. Toasted sliced almonds and golden oreos.
Toasted Almonds - You can find already toasted almonds easily on the grocery store shelves. Also, if you want more almond flavor, add more toasted almond crumbles than the recipe calls for.
Vanilla Cream Filled Cookies - I used regular Golden Oreos but double stuffed is better and gives a more crumbled look.
How to toast sliced almonds?
Sliced almonds can be toasted two ways on the stovetop or in bulk in the oven.
Stovetop Method- Dry skillet on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Toast to your desired color, but keep an eye on them because they can burn easily.
Oven Method- Preheat the oven to about 375 degrees. Place sliced almonds on a metal baking tray, in a single layer. Bake in the middle rack for about 6-8 minutes. Remove when baked to your desired color. They smell amazing.
How to Make Toasted Almond Crunch Topping
Step 1- Crumble - Use a food processor or small blender to crumble the toasted almonds and vanilla cookies separately.
Step 2 - Mix - Place both crumbles in a bowl and mix. Ready to eat.
If you do not have a food processor or blender, use a plastic storage bag and rolling pin to crumble the cookies and almonds.
Do not over blend or process, to prevent a very fine or flour like mixture. You want to see some crumble chunks.
How to store toasted almond crunch topping?
Store your toasted almond crumbles in an airtight container. Since this is a shelf stable recipe it can be stored in a cool dry pantry, in the refrigerator or freezer.
How long does toasted almond crumble topping last?
No bake crunch topping can last up to a month in a cool dry pantry, make sure it is in an airtight container. If you prefer to store it in the refrigerator, for up to two months or in the freezer for up to six months.
FAQ & Tips
1. Why use a creme filled cookie for toasted almond crumbles?
The creme filling in the cookie ingredient helps the crumble and almonds clump together.
2. How to gift homemade toasted almond crumble?
Homemade toasted almond crunch can really be an amazing edible food gift. Place a cup portion in an 8oz canning mason jar with the metal lid sealed well. Decorate the jar with colorful paper, fabric, ribbon, stickers, twine, and a tag. You can get so creative with this food gift and don’t forget to bring a pint of vanilla ice cream or vanilla cupcakes.
3. How to celebrate with toasted almond crunch topping?
Celebrate with toasted almond crunch crumble during the summertime get togethers, bbq, picnics, and July 4th. Fall, harvest, and winter celebrations, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
4. How much does it cost to make toasted almond crunch crumbles?
The cost to make homemade toasted almond crunch topping is approximately $6.00 dollars USD to make about 5 cups of crumble. It can be less if you choose grocery store brands or wait for an amazing sale. Also depending on your area, it can be more.
Toasted Almond Crunch Crumble Topping - No Bake Recipe
- Food Processor or Small Blender Plastic Storage Bag and Rolling Pin
- Airtight Storage Container or Jar
- 1 cup Sliced Toasted Almonds Add More if you want more toasted almond flavor
- 12 Vanilla Creme Filled Cookies Double Stuffed Golden Oreos, is best
- Process or blend each ingredient individually. Blend until you see a chunky crumbled consistency. Do not over blend or process, to prevent a very fine or flour-like mixture. You want to see some crumbled chunks.
- Mix your crumbled cookies and almonds together in a bowl.
- Store the toasted almond crumble topping in an airtight container.
Added a few drops of almond extract to vanilla ice cream and topped it with this recipe. 10/10 tastes exactly like the good humor toasted almond bar. We tried it on plain vanilla and it was really good and I was like it’s soooo close but something is missing. The almond extract in the ice cream was the missing link. Drawback, I can’t stop eating it!
Hi Mary, that suggestion sounds amazing. I will be putting a few drops next time, Thank you so much 🙂