Build your own best ever ice cream sundae bar or dessert charcuterie board, with toppings inspired by nostalgic Good Humor ice cream bars. Including strawberry shortcake crumbles, chocolate eclair, toasted almond, and more.
- How much ice cream to serve per person for an Ice Cream Sundae Bar?
- How many scoops can you get from a quart size of ice cream?
- How to keep ice cream cold on a Sundae Bar?
- How to set up an Ice Cream Sundae Bar?
- Sundae Bar Inspired by Good Humor Ice Cream Bars
- What kinds of ice cream can I use for an Ice Cream Sundae Bar?
- Popular Topping Ideas for an Ice Cream Sundae Bar
- How to Make a Good Humor Inspired Ice Cream Sundaes?
- Easy Ice Cream Sundae Bar
- Prefer to Watch? Check Out The How To Video
What is a Ice Cream Sundae Bar Party?
A sweet buffet of a variety of flavored ice creams, toppings, and sauces. It can be made for any size of event or special occasion.
Make an indulgent ice cream sundae buffet, for your next birthday party, baby shower, bridal shower, wedding, summer bbq, work event, or kids sleepover, everyone will love it.
How much ice cream to serve per person for an Ice Cream Sundae Bar?
An average serving would be two scoops per person or about 1 cup of ice cream.
How many scoops can you get from a quart size of ice cream?
One quart of ice cream will yield approximately 8 scoops, about 4 servings. The standard 1.5 tub is about 48oz and will yield about 12 scoops, about 6 servings.
One pint of ice cream will yield approximately 4 scoops, about 2 servings.
How many scoops can you get from a gallon size of ice cream?
One gallon of ice cream will yield approximately 32 scoops, about 16 servings.
How to keep ice cream cold on a Sundae Bar?
Place a dish or bowl filled will ice and add a sprinkle of salt, which will make the temperature colder. I like to also wrap the ice cream container with a tea towel to insulate it a bit.
When you are ready to serve the ice cream place it right on the salt and ice.
How to set up an Ice Cream Sundae Bar?
- Grab a large tray or board with edges.
2. Place a dish or bowl in the middle with ice and salt.
3. Place all your toppings into small bowls. Surround the dish with the toppings, cones, whipped cream, and an ice cream scoop.
4. When ready to serve grab your ice cream and place it right on the ice and salt. Don't forget to wrap the ice cream container with a towel to insulate it a bit. Enjoy.
Sundae Bar Inspired by Good Humor Ice Cream Bars
Good Humor ice cream bars are such a nostalgic childhood favorite, especially the strawberry shortcake crumbs. Below are 7 quick and easy no-bake dessert cookie crumble toppings, to add to your next ice cream sundae topping bar. Each recipe has less than 3 ingredients.
Strawberry Shortcake Crunch Crumble Topping
Toasted Almond Crunch Crumble Topping
Banana Pudding Crunch Crumble Topping
Chocolate Eclair Crunch Crumble Topping
Nutter Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Crumble Topping
Milk Bar Birthday Cake Funfetti Crunch Topping
What kinds of ice cream can I use for an Ice Cream Sundae Bar?
The most popular flavors are vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. But the sky’s the limit, choose what will be a crowd-pleaser or a theme.
If you are serving a crowd don’t forget to have healthy or dairy-free alternative options. Frozen Yogurt, lower or no sugar, lactose-free, higher protein, organic, and plant-based.
Popular Topping Ideas for an Ice Cream Sundae Bar
Step 1 - Choose your ice cream flavors - This will make it easier to choose your toppings.
Step 2- Choose saucy flavors - Caramel, butterscotch, hot fudge, strawberry, blueberry, lemon curd, or peanut butter sauce.
Check out these easy four pantry dessert sauces or microwave caramel or butterscotch sauce recipes.
Step 3- Choose sweet, salty, sour, and crunchy toppings -
Sprinkles, toasted nuts, cookie dessert crumbles, whole cookies, candy pieces including sour options, canned fruit, fresh fruit, mini cupcakes, marshmallow fluff, cheesecake pieces, brownie pieces, safe to eat raw cookie dough, fun cereal flavors, chocolate covered pretzels, potato chips, salted mini pretzels, and wafers.
Step 4- Finish with whipped cream and cherries.
How to Make a Good Humor Inspired Ice Cream Sundaes?
Use vanilla ice cream as your base, top with sauce or fruit, dessert crumbles and garnish with whole cookies, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Strawberry Shortcake - Vanilla ice cream, strawberry shortcake crumb topping, fresh strawberry, golden oreo cookie, whipped cream, and cherry.
Banana Pudding - Vanilla ice cream, banana pudding crumb topping, freshly sliced banana, golden oreo cookie, whipped cream and cherry.
S’more Ice Cream Sundae - Vanilla ice cream, hot fudge sauce, s’more crumb topping, graham cracker, golden oreo cookie, whipped cream and cherry.
Nutter Peanut Butter Chocolate - Vanilla ice cream, nutter peanut butter chocolate crumb topping, peanut butter sauce, nutter butter cookie, chocolate wafer, whipped cream, and cherry.
Easy Ice Cream Sundae Bar
- Large White Tray or Board with Edges
- Small bowls or Mason Jars
- Small Spoons
- Small Cups
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Napkins or Towels
- Piping Bag and Tip Optional
- Dish for Ice
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Sugar Waffle Cones
- Nuts (Toasted Almond and Peanuts)
- Fresh Fruit (Sliced Bananas and Strawberries)
- Dessert Crunch Crumbles (All 7 No Bake Recipes in Blog Post)
- Dessert Sauces (2-Ingredients Recipes)
- Ice and Salt
- Grab a large tray or board with edges.
- Place a dish in the middle with ice and salt.
- Place all your toppings into small bowls. Surround the dish with the toppings, cones, whipped cream, and ice cream scoop.
- 7 No Bake Dessert Crunch Crumbles including Strawberry Shortcake, Toasted Almond, S'more, Banana Pudding, Nutter Peanut Butter Chocolate, Funfetti Birthday Cake, and Chocolate Eclair. Link in blog post to recipes.
- When ready to serve grab your vanilla ice cream, I like to wrap it with a towel to insulate a bit. Enjoy.
- 2-Ingredients Dessert Sauces Recipes in Blog Post including Hot Fudge, Creamy Strawberry, and Peanut Butter.
thanks, interesting read